Work at The Ark
Paid Opportunities (Paid)
Open Call - John Coolahan Early Years Artist Residency.
May 2018 – April 2019
The Ark is delighted to invite professional artists of all disciplines to apply for our new 12 month Early Years Artist Residency.
This opportunity recognises the importance of the arts in early childhood and aims to nurture and support the development of professional artists working in this emerging sector of arts practice. To this end, this new Early Years Artist’s Residency will begin with the first artist in 2018. We aim to establish this as an annual opportunity with a different artist being selected to take up the residency each year.
This call out is for a lead artist who will become The Ark’s first Early Years Artist in Residence for one year. This opportunity is suitable for professional artists of any discipline with an existing early years practice who are interested in the opportunities and benefits of a long-term residency to develop their career and deepen the range of their experience, knowledge and practice with this age group.
A key part of the residency will involve the chosen artist developing and leading a series of early years workshops through monthly engagements (first weekend of the month) at The Ark. During the residency, the artist will also be given opportunities for further development, support and learning in the form of mentoring and travel/training (within a modest budget limitation). The artist will be asked to research and propose ideas for both of those aspects of the residency as relevant to their particular practice and what they would like to gain from the residency.
- Dates: May 2018 to April 2019
- Target Audience: Children aged 2 -4 years
- Fee for the residency (including planning/prep time): €7,550
- Travel and Training budget: max €1,000
Volunteer at The Ark Volunteer
If you attend an event at The Ark, one of the first people you will meet is most likely a volunteer. For every programme we run, we are indebted to our volunteers for their support. They play a central part in helping to create an engaging, inclusive and safe atmosphere for all our visitors. We are continually impressed by their generosity with their time, skills and enthusiasm. We wouldn’t be who we are without them. Volunteering at The Ark is ideal for people who are both interested in the arts and wish to gain experience in working with children in a creative environment. We are currently recruiting volunteers for our autumn/winter season. If you feel you would enjoy helping children and families during events at the Ark, and are interested in joining our panel of volunteers, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- The rewards of working with children and young people
- The opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team in a leading cultural centre
- A rich and varied experience of events that include all sectors of the arts
- The flexibility to commit to the amount of time you can manage comfortably
- Training for the duties required in relation to our programmes
- Specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policies.
What we're looking for from you:
- An interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment
- A willing, calm and enthusiastic disposition
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English.
Short-Term Internships Unpaid
We currently have no roles available. Please keep an eye on this page or follow us on Twitter @TheArkDublin