Work at The Ark
General Manager (Paid)
The Ark wishes to recruit a General Manager who will report to the Director and will be a member of The Ark's senior team.
The General Manager will play a key role in delivering The Ark Strategy 2017-2020. This is a pivotal role responsible for the operational and financial management of the organisation. The General Manager will work alongside the Director to ensure the efficient management of the business, legal, governance and HR functions of The Ark.
Since it opened in 1995, the Ark has established itself as a key arts organisation for children in Ireland, dedicated to providing exceptional cultural work for children, schools and families.
Download the Job Description for full details of the application process.
Short-Term Internships Unpaid
We currently have no roles available. Please keep an eye on this page or follow us on Twitter @TheArkDublin
Volunteer at The Ark Volunteer
If you attend an event at The Ark, one of the first people you will meet is most likely a volunteer. For every programme we run, we are indebted to our volunteers for their support. They play a central part in helping to create an engaging, inclusive and safe atmosphere for all our visitors. We are continually impressed by their generosity with their time, skills and enthusiasm. We wouldn’t be who we are without them. Volunteering at The Ark is ideal for people who are both interested in the arts and wish to gain experience in working with children in a creative environment. We are currently recruiting volunteers for our autumn/winter season. If you feel you would enjoy helping children and families during events at the Ark, and are interested in joining our panel of volunteers, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- The rewards of working with children and young people
- The opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team in a leading cultural centre
- A rich and varied experience of events that include all sectors of the arts
- The flexibility to commit to the amount of time you can manage comfortably
- Training for the duties required in relation to our programmes
- Specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policies.
What we're looking for from you:
- An interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment
- A willing, calm and enthusiastic disposition
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English.