If you attend an event at The Ark, one of the first people you will meet is most likely a volunteer. For every programme we run, we are indebted to our volunteers for their support. They play a central part in helping to create an engaging, inclusive and safe atmosphere for all our visitors. We are continually impressed by their generosity with their time, skills and enthusiasm. We wouldn’t be who we are without them. Volunteering at The Ark is ideal for people who are both interested in the arts and wish to gain experience in working with children in a creative environment. We are currently recruiting volunteers for our autumn/winter season. If you feel you would enjoy helping children and families during events at the Ark, and are interested in joining our panel of volunteers, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
• The rewards of working with children and young people.
• The opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team in a leading cultural centre.
• A rich and varied experience of events that include all sectors of the arts.
• The flexibility to commit to the amount of time you can manage comfortably.
• Training for the duties required in relation to our programmes.
• Specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policies.
What we're looking for from you:
• An interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment.
• A willing, calm and enthusiastic disposition.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills and fluent English.
Volunteer selection is made on the basis of an interview, reference checks and completion of relevant training. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Volunteer Coordinator, The Ark, 11a Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2.
The Ark runs internship programmes in all our departments, including music, theatre and marketing. We advertise for these as and when they arise and they are open to anyone with an interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment.
Digital Marketing Assistant JobBridge Internship
The intern will gain practical experience in: Digital Marketing; Content Marketing; Search Engine Optimisation; Social Media; Email Marketing. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following: creation & maintenance of website content, ticketing systems and reporting, blog & social media, market research & online marketing activities including content marketing, SEO, directory listings, email marketing and identifying other opportunities to promote The Ark’s events. On completion the intern will have attained skills in: Digital Marketing; SEO; SEM; Google Adwords; Facebook Marketing; Blogging.
Applicants should attach a CV and letter of interest in the job, including personal strengths and reasons why they are suitable for this opportunity. Both should be sent including the reference INTE-895682 in the subject line strictly by email only to the General Manager - email@example.com - by December 17th 2014 at 5pm.
Please note that in line with The Ark's child protection policy, a Garda Vetting form and a Declaration form will need to be completed and returned to The Ark (in hard copy) by the deadline. There are some guidelines here to help complete the vetting form.
Interviews will be held in mid-January 2015
The internship is offered for 9 months from Late Jan/February 2015 – please indicate in your application that you are fully committed to this period.
The internship is approved under the JobBridge National Internship scheme and applicants must be eligible under the terms of the scheme. For more information on the scheme and to find out if you are eligible visit www.jobbridge.ie/InternEligible.aspx. Please do so before applying.
Only successful interview applicants will be contacted.
Our interns have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Learn new skills and develop areas of interest.
- Be involved in our programmes from start to finish
- Experience the rewards of working with children and young people.
- Enjoy the opportunity to meet new people.
- Participate in ongoing training opportunities, as well as specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policy.
If you would like to become part of a team dedicated to the delivery of exciting, innovative cultural programmes for children and young people, keep an eye on our website for future updates.
Please note that in line with The Ark's child protection policy, applicants must fill out a Garda Vetting form and a Declaration form and submit by post to: Avril Ryan, General Manager, The Ark 11 Eustace Street, Dublin 2 by the closing date for applications. The form can only be accepted written by hand on the original hard copy. There are some guidelines here to help complete the vetting form.