There are no current full-time vacancies at The Ark
If you attend an event at The Ark, one of the first people you will meet is most likely a volunteer. For every programme we run, we are indebted to our volunteers for their support. They play a central part in helping to create an engaging, inclusive and safe atmosphere for all our visitors. We are continually impressed by their generosity with their time, skills and enthusiasm. We wouldn’t be who we are without them. Volunteering at The Ark is ideal for people who are both interested in the arts and wish to gain experience in working with children in a creative environment. We are currently recruiting volunteers for our autumn/winter season. If you feel you would enjoy helping children and families during events at the Ark, and are interested in joining our panel of volunteers, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
• The rewards of working with children and young people.
• The opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team in a leading cultural centre.
• A rich and varied experience of events that include all sectors of the arts.
• The flexibility to commit to the amount of time you can manage comfortably.
• Training for the duties required in relation to our programmes.
• Specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policies.
What we're looking for from you:
• An interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment.
• A willing, calm and enthusiastic disposition.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills and fluent English.
Volunteer selection is made on the basis of an interview, reference checks and completion of relevant training. To apply, please email email@example.com or post to: Volunteer Coordinator, The Ark, 11a Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2.
The Ark runs internship programmes in all our departments, including music, theatre and marketing. We advertise for these as and when they arise and they are open to anyone with an interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment.
Our interns have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits:
- Learn new skills and develop areas of interest.
- Be involved in our programmes from start to finish
- Experience the rewards of working with children and young people.
- Enjoy the opportunity to meet new people.
- Participate in ongoing training opportunities, as well as specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policy.
If you would like to become part of a team dedicated to the delivery of exciting, innovative cultural programmes for children and young people, keep an eye on our website for future updates.
For all roles: Please note that in line with The Ark's child protection policy, a Garda Vetting form and a Declaration form will need to be completed and returned to The Ark (in hard copy) by the deadline. There are some guidelines here to help complete the vetting form.