As a charity, we often rely on volunteers to help our team deliver our busy programme of activities for schools and families. Recruitment of volunteers happens in line with The Ark's Child Safeguarding Statement and Policy. We are currently recruiting for the following opportunities:
Volunteers for Right Here, Right Now and BIG BANG Dublin!
The Ark is looking for enthusiastic arts and culture fans who are interested in helping out on the front line at two of The Ark's upcoming festivals:
- Right Here, Right Now - A festival created for children – by children! A celebration of children's rights, the right to play, to engage in cultural activities and the right to express themselves! 23-25 February 2023
- BIG BANG Dublin! - Ireland's only international music festival for children! 31 March-2 April 2023
Volunteering at The Ark is ideal for people who are both interested in the arts and wish to gain experience in working with children in a creative environment. If you feel you would enjoy helping children and families during these upcoming events, and are interested in joining our panel of volunteers, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
• The rewards of working with children and young people
• The opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team in a leading cultural centre
• A rich and varied experience of events that include all sectors of the arts - with a focus on music for BIG BANG Dublin!
• The flexibility to commit to the amount of time you can manage comfortably
• Full training for the duties required in relation to our programmes
• Specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policies
What we're looking for from you:
• An interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment
• A willing, calm and enthusiastic disposition
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills and fluent English
Volunteer selection will be made on the basis of an interview, reference checks and completion of relevant training. To apply, please use our online application form.
Please note that all volunteers will be required to provide proof of identity and complete our Garda vetting process.