Right to Create: Drop-in Creative Spaces 11 - 18 Mar 2023
Celebrate children's rights by dropping into our free creative spaces, where children aged 5+ can learn about their rights by making, creating and participating in different art activities spread throughout The Ark.
Following the huge success of our Right Here Right Now! Festival of Children in February, we are still celebrating children's rights here at The Ark. Children have the right to participate in arts and culture, to express themselves and to be heard! What better way to explore this than by playing, experimenting and creating with different materials.
It’s free to join in! Find out more below.
In The Longroom
Pop into our Longroom to have some fun and express yourself in our unique craft and writing zones.
- Make a badge with a logo or slogan about your rights which you can take with you and wear with pride.
- Get your creative writing ideas flowing at our poetry tree where you can write a poem about how you feel in relation to your rights.
- Make a poster, slogan or image that is inspired by your rights and have it transformed into your very own jigsaw with our special jigsaw maker.
In The Gallery
This space is a special area that focuses on who you are and what mark you want to make.
- Sit and observe yourself and your surroundings in a mirrored haven before using clay to mould a portrait of yourself.
- Then pop into the Paper Place and let your inner creativity run free. Add colour and drawings to the white surroundings to be a part of the transformation of this colourful installation.