Join us from your own home for a creative dance journey for children aged 6-8, led by Philippa Donnellan.
The Ark and CoisCéim Dance Theatre are delighted to jointly present for the first time a live online dance workshop for children.
Join choreographer Philippa in this colourful, themed dance story workshop for 6-8 year olds to enjoy participating in at home.
To begin, we’re going to imagine that you are heading to the beach. You’ll need to gather a few ‘seaside’ props to help set the scene – these are things you can find at home.
On arrival at our imaginary beach, you’ll get to dance to some great tunes with the other participating children to warm-up your body, make some amazing shapes, swim to the music and skip, hop, twist and turn to Dance Your Own Dance!
All you need to bring with you is:
- A beach towel or similar
- A small seaside bucket or plastic container
- A cushion
- Wear a swim hat if you want!
Requirements for Participation
A parent or adult in the family must be present in the room throughout the session, and if necessary be available to assist their child.
- Computer/Tablet/Phone with internet access for Zoom – placed on a table at children’s eye level
- A clear floor area of about 8 paces square – free of movable furniture and all other hard objects
- The best floor surfaces are carpet, lino or wood
- Dancing on ceramic kitchen tiles or concrete is TO BE AVOIDED
Children should wear:
- Tracksuit, leggings & t-shirt
- Bare feet or trainers as preferred
- No jewellery
Online platform: The workshop will be delivered using the Zoom video call software and no recordings will be made in line with The Ark’s guidelines on the imagery of children. This will be a private Zoom session which will only be accessed by those booked into the workshop, the dance artist and one member of The Ark's staff.