Work at The Ark
Visitor Services Assitants (Paid)
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and flexible individuals to join our part-time, casual Visitor Services Team. This is a multi-skilled team designed to support and enhance all public-facing activity here at The Ark.
Purpose: The Visitor Services Assistant (VSA) is a multi-skilled and varied role designed to deliver the warmest of welcomes and support and enhance all public- facing activity here at The Ark, in line with our mission statement and core values. There are two main aspects to the role:
- Box Office: Supporting the Visitor Services Coordinator in all aspects of The Ark’s box office and reception operations, ensuring that operations are efficient, organised and welcoming. You will also have a key role in helping to promote The Ark and all its events.
- Front of House: Working alongside the Duty Manager, artists and other team members to deliver safe, fun and creative experiences. The focus for the VSA is always on our audiences and visitors, ensuring that they are welcomed, supported and looked after during their time at The Ark – whether in the theatre seeing a performance, navigating an exhibition or taking part in a workshop. The VSA will consistently deliver and enforce The Ark’s health and safety and child protection policies
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role with customer service experience
- Excellent IT skills – specifically excel, word and database management.
- Experience with computerised ticketing systems an advantage.
- Previous experience working with children, in events or within an arts organisation would an advantage.
- Ability to work co-operatively and within a team structure.
- Able to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly and outgoing manner.
- An interest in the arts and culture and an enthusiasm for work with children and young people.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage difficult situations calmly and effectively.
- Ability to prioritise time and tasks efficiently and effectively
You can download the full job description with details of how to apply here
Volunteer at The Ark Volunteer
If you attend an event at The Ark, one of the first people you will meet is most likely a volunteer. For every programme we run, we are indebted to our volunteers for their support. They play a central part in helping to create an engaging, inclusive and safe atmosphere for all our visitors. We are continually impressed by their generosity with their time, skills and enthusiasm. We wouldn’t be who we are without them. Volunteering at The Ark is ideal for people who are both interested in the arts and wish to gain experience in working with children in a creative environment. We are currently recruiting volunteers for our autumn/winter season. If you feel you would enjoy helping children and families during events at the Ark, and are interested in joining our panel of volunteers, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- The rewards of working with children and young people
- The opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team in a leading cultural centre
- A rich and varied experience of events that include all sectors of the arts
- The flexibility to commit to the amount of time you can manage comfortably
- Training for the duties required in relation to our programmes
- Specialist training in our health and safety and child protection policies.
What we're looking for from you:
- An interest in the arts and in working in a child-centred environment
- A willing, calm and enthusiastic disposition
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English.
Short-Term Internships Unpaid
We currently have no roles available. Please keep an eye on this page or follow us on Twitter @TheArkDublin