Join us from your own home for an action-packed dance adventure for children aged 5-8, led by Philippa Donnellan
The Ark and CoisCéim Broadreach are delighted to jointly present for our second live online dance workshop for children.
Join choreographer Philippa and other children online in another characterful and action-packed dance story. This latest fun physical adventure is based on CoisCéim's production of The Wolf & Peter by David Bolger.
Together we'll explore how Peter dances as he goes into the forest, do a quick change to become the scary Wolf (who is a super cool Street Dancer!) - and find out what actually happened to The Duck...
To help create your character:
- PETER - Wear a stripy t-shirt of any colour and a tracksuit or leggings
- THE WOLF - Bring a furry hat (or you can make one!)
- THE DUCK - Bring something yellow (like a scarf, t-shirt or gloves)
Requirements for Participation
A parent or adult in the family must be present in the room throughout the session, and if necessary be available to assist their child.
- Computer/Tablet/Phone with internet access for Zoom – placed on a table at children’s eye level
- A clear floor area of about 8 paces square – free of movable furniture and all other hard objects
- The best floor surfaces are carpet, lino or wood
- Dancing on ceramic kitchen tiles or concrete is TO BE AVOIDED
Children should wear:
- Tracksuit, leggings & t-shirt
- Bare feet or trainers as preferred
- No jewellery
Online platform: The workshop will be delivered using the Zoom video call software and no recordings will be made in line with The Ark’s guidelines on the imagery of children. This will be a private Zoom session which will only be accessed by those booked into the workshop, the dance artist and one member of The Ark's staff.
To get some ideas, why not watch the livestream of CoisCéim's production of The Wolf & Peter by David Bolger from the Sydney Opera House here or read the original story by Prokofiev that inspired the production here.