Following an open call for applications, we are delighted to announce that Mollie Molumby, Eoin Lynch & Jane Madden are the Irish artists taking part in the first artist lab of PUSH+ EU in Edinburgh this January.
PUSH+ is a 3-year Creative Europe co-operation project led by Imaginate (Scotland) alongside Aaben Dans (Denmark), Krokusfestival (Belgium), Scenekunstbruket (Norway), The Ark (Ireland) and associate partner Bangkok International Children's Festival (Thailand).
The HOME lab will bring together fifteen artists based in the five European partner countries to explore ideas around HOME in theatre and dance for young audiences. The artists will work together from Wednesday 23 January to Friday 1 February 2019. Over 8 days, they will be looking at ideas around the topic of ‘home’, incorporating ideas from artist applications as well as the following questions:
• Does home have a different meaning for children? How are we impacting on children by portraying home in theatre and dance as a place of cosiness and safety where this is not their experience of life?
• How does our experience of place create identity and belonging, both of which are essential to an understanding of home?
• How much is a sense of home connected to ‘physical' space or place and notions of permanence. Wwhat is it to live in the middle spaces where sometimes nowhere feels fully like home?
• Is wherever I lay my hat, my home? privilege, assumption, exclusion?
• How does our relationship to our environment - built and natural - effect and inform our sense of self, place and home?
• How do experiences of migration inform the place-making that is involved in making a home?
• Do we really know who lives in our cities as immigration itself diversifies, with immigrants from new countries moving in resulting in an increasing and/or changing range of nationalities?
• Do elements of our home affect the art we make – landscape, language, culture, bodily expressions, rituals, communal storytelling, history?
• What are the non-permanent and non-human aspects / qualities of home?
You can see the full list of the 15 participating artists and more about the project here
Push+ is supported by Creative Europe, with The Ark's participation made possible with the support of our principal funder the Arts Council